Monday, June 4, 2012

In print...

Well, this post is several days coming, but I wanted to actually wait until I was done tweaking and shifting things around in the various formats. And when I say done, I mean mostly done. Sort of. Which is silly, because no one reads this. BUT! Someone might be soon. Hopefully. Because if they (and by they, I mean you) are reading this, that means they (you) saw the link in my book and have come to learn more about me. Silly, silly them (you)!

I feel like I've gotten off track... OH YEAH!

So. I'm now a published author! I've joined the hundreds of thousands of others on Amazon and the like! Whoot!
My book on AmazonMy book on Createspace, and My book on Barnes and Noble

It's got a couple different covers... The one for the ebooks (see right) is one my friend Amar  threw together for me, out of the goodness of his heart and a dinner that I still owe him. It's nothing ground-breaking, but it's far better than I deserve, for asking him to do it last minute and all. The one for the print copies (see left) is the one I threw together last minute, with much assistance from Createspace's cover builder. If fans (all five of them, thus far) like one over the other, that's the style I'll go with. So, if you're a new fan, feel free to let me know your thoughts! More than just deciding this book, there's a good chance you'll be influencing the next book's look. And the one after that, and the one after that...

Oh, and as a side note, if anyone is wondering why I'm not using Smashwords, it's because I am having no end of trouble with that site. I'm sure it's a brilliant and fantastic service. I'm not badmouthing it in any way. But for some reason, it doesn't get along with me. It keeps telling me that I don't have a cover (even though it shows the cover I've uploaded some six times so far) and claims I've made formatting problems that I just haven't made. O.o With any luck, I'll get this resolved and my book will be available in even more formats.

Now, off to figure out this terrifying beast called marketing... *shudders*

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    Thanks for following my blog, I am now following yours :) Your comment on smashwords is interesting, if you didn't use smashwords what self-publishing company did you go through (sorry if your wrote it and I missed it)? I'd also just like to say I really love the ebook cover!

    Have a great day :)

    -Sarah
    www.laceandlavenderhints.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually went through Amazon and Barnes & Noble directly, through their independent ebook publishing service. As far as the print version, Amazon actually has a service (Createspace) that I used. It's all been fairly painless. Still haven't gotten the Smashwords working properly though. Heh.

      Thanks for following! And for being my first comment! Have a good day yourself!

      Delete