Sunday, March 13, 2011

Run Away!

Well, I did warn you!

This blog is all just a ploy to get people to pay attention to me. I've found I really enjoy being the center of attention and thought "Why not shove your name into the overwhelming masses of bloggers and work really hard to be a blip on the blogosphere radar? That'll prove people love you!"

Really though, I don't expect much. By way of people being interested. Because I'm not really that interesting. Mildly amusing in small doses, when forced to work with me by someone higher up the food chain than either of us? Perhaps. But I still haven't mastered the two-legged pants putting on technique, and I don't know any good jokes. Just lame ones that amuse me with their sheer stupidity. And I'm not half as witty as I like to pretend. So don't come crying to me when I fail to impress!

Okay. Seriously folks.

I'm a writer. It's what I've been doing since before I could ride a bike without training wheels (which isn't saying much... I'm a terrible cyclist). I'm nearing my very first legitimate publication (because I don't count poetry I wrote under duress and hormonal influences!) in the next few months here. Well, publication of sorts. Either way, it was suggested to me that I make myself available for scrutiny and mockery by the masses. That said, I've always had a really hard time writing about stuff that isn't 70% fictional or more. So don't be surprised if I flounder in this particular (though not first, by any stretch) attempt at blogging. I promise to put out a mediocre or better effort, which will be only slightly impacted if I get more than the two followers I anticipate. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment